Intumescent Flame-Retardant Coating.
Intumescent flame-retardant coating can be applied on various kinds of substrates including combustible cellulosic materials such as wood, MDF sheets, ply-wood sheets etc. The product can also be applied with satisfaction on other construction materials e.g. concrete or plastered surfaces, steel reinforcements, gypsum boards etc. to increase their fire resistance properties. This intumescent flame-retardant coating swells up on the exposure to direct fire, creating a flame-retardant barrier between the fire and the substrate, not allowing the flame to reach the substrate and propagate flame, thus providing extended time for fire extinguishing. This makes it an excellent product to be used around openings where the duct passes through a wall, ceiling or MDF Partitions.
On perfect drying (curing) the layer formed behaves as:
- Excellent flame-retardant properties.
- Can resist up to 1 hours of direct flame.
- Swells when contact with fire.
- Fungi, mildews & other micro-organisms resistant.
- IBC & NFPA Class A Flame Retardant.
- Hard sandable coating for better finish.
- Conforms to UL-94 VTM-0 Category.
- Ideal for high risk rigid cellulosic substrates.
- Practically “0” flame spread.
- COVERAGE: Coverage depends upon the thickness of coating applied. For 0.5mm thick coating (wet), the product covers around 12-15 SFT/KG on a smooth, non-absorbent surface. Recommended thickness is around 1-2mm but should be at least 0.5mm.